Cisco Packet Tracer download: Cisco officially launched the updated version of network simulator Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2. The latest version of Cisco Packet Tracer is available to download for all, now, anyone can learn networking.
Older version downloads was available only for Netacad students and instructors. The latest version can be downloaded by simply registering on Cisco Netacad website.
Now, the download it from a high-security server (official Cisco Academy) without any network failure, moreover, user can resume and pause the download.
For our viewer ease, we have provided offline .exe setup links, and now a single click is required to download the application. Read the complete article and get the download links of Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.
- Minimum screen resolution should be 1024 x 768.
- Performs well on core i7,i5,i3, Pentium D and Core2duo
- 4GB RAM is required. However, shows decent performance on 2GB RAM.
- You must have a sound card in your PC.
What is Cisco Packet Tracer?
As I said, Cisco Packet Tracer is used to create network topologies and imitate modern computer networks.
Cisco mainly focus on students should understand the fundamental CCNA concepts. You can learn how to set up a network by router, switches and cables.
It has easy to use interface and allows students to set up SNT by dragging and dropping routers, switches, cable, and various other types of network devices.
Do you want to a career in networking? So, the “Cisco Packet Tracer ” is here for you to improve your skills in networking.
Video credit: Paul Browning
Learn fundamentals of Cisco packet tracer by this video
- Training for CCNA TM and CCNP certification exam.
- Design the network virtually.
- Design the network practically.
- Network behavior experiment.
- Sharp your skills in ‘networking configuration’ from Desktop or Smartphone.
- Enhance your networking skills for a network setup jobs.
- It also works as your private tutor; it takes your routine exam and makes your learning in networking course to a new level.
- Quickly monitor real-time dynamic data transfers.
- Perfect software for a student who wants to study CCNP and CCNA.
- You can do practical work on networking, switching, routing, and internet from desktop at home, therefore, you don’t have to go laboratory.
- Clear visualization of your activities during networking sessions.
What’s new in Cisco Packet Tracer?
The updated Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2 has undergone complete engineering and fixed various bugs that were seen in older versions.
As officially said, there are some new features in older versions of Packet Tracer. We are highlighting some important features below:
- Easy! The project can be saved in a .pkg format.
- Supports the MQTT protocol.
- It helps to Configure and troubleshoot a network.
- It guides you to take decision making, creative and critical thinking, and your partner on problem-solving.
- Users can add tables and rack .
- Multi-user collaboration helps to brush up your skills.
- Real WebSocket.
- ASA 5506 firewall.
- Meraki security appliance and server.
- Real TCP server.
Register to Cisco networking Academy
Step 1- Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2 from the links given below
Step 2- Double-click on ‘pockettracer72’ to extract the file
Step 3- Click on ‘I accept the agreement’ then continue to click on ‘next’ till it finishes the process.
Step 4- Click on the ‘install’ and wait until it finishes.
Step 5- Now, Installation is over! You are ready to ‘launch’. Click on finish to launch the software.
Step 6- Now, a ‘Cisco networking Academy Log in‘ window will pop up. If you don’t have an account, don’t worry! You can start working as guest login. It would be better if you create an account in it. This is easy to make.
Step 7 – Click on ‘Allow access’ to use your ‘Private Network’.
Step 8 – Now, You can access all the tools. Here, everything is ready to serve you.
Download links of Cisco Packet Tracer
The latest version of Cisco Packet Tracer is available for Windows 10, 8, and 7 on 32 bit and 64 bit. Moreover, it is available on 64bit. Cisco made app for Android and iOS user
The internet download manager is widely used to download files and other kinds of stuff for fast downloading. I suggest you to download the setup file by internet download manager because it’s offering high-speed download server and has the ability to use your network speed completely.
If you don’t have an IDM, here, an alternate option for you to download it by browsers like Mozilla and Chrome. Similar to IDM, here you have the option to play-pause the download. It never cancel downloads, even though IP address changes.Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2 for Windows 32-bit Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2 for Windows 64-bit Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2 for Linux 64-bit
As said earlier, it’s also available in Android and iOS app, therefore, you can learn networking in your mobile.
Download Android app
Download iOS app